Re: my messages to linux.debian.user take 40 minutes to show up

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 18:00, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

> Adam Funk wrote:
>> Robert Vangel wrote:
>>
>> It usually takes about an hour for my posts to appear.
>>
>> I had to subscribe to the mailing list in order to be able to post to
>> the
>> newsgroup.  Does that restriction not apply to posting directly to
>> the
>> mailing list?  If not, that would explain the spam.
>
> I did not completely understand your last paragraph.

Sorry: I'll try again in more detail.

This may no longer be the case, but when I started reading the
linux.debian.user newsgroup, it was listed as "m" (moderated) on my
ISP's news server.  The first time I tried to post, I got a rejection
e-mail telling me that I had to register for the mailing list in order
to post to the newsgroup.  I did that, confirmed the e-mail address,
then switched off the mailings (because I was already reading the
newsgroup).

> For me, I can post to newsgroups irrespective of whether I am
> subscribed to the mailing list or not.

In every other case that has been true for me too.