Custom kernel building and mkinitrd

Hi all,

I am trying to make my custom-compiled 2.6.11 kernel (source package
version 2.6.11-5) bootable. For lilo and since 2.6, i have both vmlinuz
links and initrd images for my kernels. For some reason, this one is
not going through. I usually end up building the initrd images myself
(I bet something is missing in the post installation scripts) but when
I do, it works just fine. This time I got a "find:
/lib/modules/2.6.11.050523/kernel/drivers: No such file or directory"
error. So, I went and created it manually. I know I shouldn't have, but
I wanted to see what happens. And still, my initrd image won't show up.
mkinitrd did not come back with an error this time, not even saying
that it did not create it. Did an updatedb and then a locate and
nothing comes up. Checked both / and /boot and still no image.

I checked the bugs on initrd-tools, but nothing about this.

Am I the only one with this problem?

ib

lawsuit, n.:
        A machine which you go into as a pig and come out as a sausage.
                -- Ambrose Bierce