Re: [OT] Re: how do you protect from spammers in Debian lists?

Incoming from Nick Price:

> Part of the problem is that this list is also a widespread public usenet group,
> and many spammers harvest e-mails from them as well as post spam to
> the group itself.

And some of us harvest spammers simply by posting to Usenet.  How are
you going to get the chance to kill them if they can't find you to
spam you?

    :-)

Viruses scrape Usenet for victims (Swen).  Others scrape Windows
users' mailboxes and address books.  Send a mail to a Windows user,
and your precious, munged email address is public knowledge.

I say, count on that!  Use it against them.  Kill them when they use
it, and kill them again when they get their new account.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -