Small issues, but still annoying

Hi,

Each time my kernel boots, I see flashing on my screen for a sec the
word "FATAL" followed (on a seperate line) by kernel modules' names. I
am not sure what the FATAL error message is as it goes out of my screen
way too fast.

I tried a few log files in /var/log such as dmesg, messages, syslog,
kern.log, but nothing in there that resembles what I see at boot time.

Another issue is this line in syslog :
May 22 21:12:39 localhost modprobe: FATAL: Error running install
command for sound_slot_1

which appears twice for each boot. I looked at /etc/modules and nothing
about sound except the nvsound module (nForce3 chipset) which works
just fine.

Any ideas where I should look next?

Thx,
ib