Debian Good for Clustering?

I remember reading somewhere an apt-gettable or debian-specific project for clustering. Rolling my own from openmosix is a pain.

The CPU clustering is easy with the right kernel recompile, but I would like to use the hard disks on multiple machines on the network as something akin to a RAID-5 array, and have one large, redundant mount available. This is part of some experimental medical systems trials, and may have up to 10's or 100's of machines, each with 40+ GB hard disks. A user-mode application should automatically rebuild/resize the array if a given machine went down or was powered off.

Does anyone know of any projects to do this? A focus on Debian and apt-gettable packages strongly preferred!

Bob