Re: debian sarge/testing question

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:42:17PM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some questions about the upcoming Debian Sarge and the testing
> version Sarge right now:
>
> -is software raid suported during the installation like red hat does?
>  Can I create software raid /dev/md* devices and boot from it?

Yes. Both software raid and lvm are supported during the installation.

> -is lilo still supported or is grub the default boot loader and does
> grub defaul install on a /dev/md* device like lilo does? (so I one disk
> fails..you can boot from the other...)

Yes and yes : lilo is supported and offered as an option during
installation, but grub is the default.

> -can I simply upgrade my testing/sarge box to the Sarge Final release
> when it's done at 30 May 2005 ?

Yes. However, if your /etc/apt/sources.list points to "testing", you
will have to change that to either "sarge" or "stable" (I would
recommend "sarge").

Frank