Re: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL message-- were to look?

Matt Price wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to access a shared printer on a windows machine.  The
> windows box (call it "Doze") is located behind a router/printserver,
> and is set up thus:
>
> -DOZE connects to the printer via the printserver using the PRTMATE
> port, and then shares the printer via smb -- workgroup CHASS, server
> name HIS-FACLAB, printer name his-fac-lex
> -Router forwards all incoming connections on 137,138,139,445, and 1024
> to DOZE
>
> My linux box (Anarres) is outside the router, but I can browse the
> router's network easily using Smb4K.  I can access all SMB "Shares" on
> DOZE without any problems, and when browsing can see the printer,
> which smb4K tells me is //HIS-FACLAB/his-fac-lex.  But when I try to
> print to the printer (using either CUPS with URI
> smb://HIS-FACLAB/his-fac-lex, or the smb4k native browser), I am
> unable to do so, and get the error "NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL".
> I'm pretty much entirely ignorant about windows so I'm not so sure
> where to go next.  can someone point me in the right direction?

Some things you can possibly check are
1) Permissions on the printer on the Windows side.  Make sure that group
"Everyone" has "Print" access allowed.
2) In group Policy (gpedit.msc) on the Windows host, check
2a) Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings
-> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Access this computer from
a network
2b) Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings
-> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Deny access to this
computer from the network

Other than that, I'm at a loss being as though I enabled "UNIX print
services" in order to print to a Windows box...