Re: How to pass ALSA options to make-kpkg

On 4/26/05, Nacho <listasdecorreo@lascartasdelavida.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 05:47:08PM +0200, Jouke Witteveen wrote:
> >
> > this week and I want to get the ALSA modules customized. I want to use
> > the --with-cards option I found on
> > http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=Quick+Install for my SB AWE64.
> > Where to put this? In the Debian way of compiling the ./configure is
>
> Maybe there is a better way... but I would edit the file "debian/rules" inside
> the alsa source directory, just look for a option called "confargs"; those are
> the arguments passed to ./configure script.

Thanks. Installing the alsa-source package I found that the primary
way to set arguments for ALSA is to run #dpkg-reconfigure alsa-source
(this generates /etc/alsa/alsa-source.conf). For more advanced options
I think you can make yourself a ~/.alsa-source.conf or edit from line
44: "CONFIGURE_OPT" of the file you mentioned. It works fine!

Thanks a lot,
Jouke