Re: CD ripping suddenly produces garbage

> I haven't ripped any CDs in a month or so.  Now suddenly when I try, it
> seems to complete successfully but every file that comes out is garbage.
> Whether WAV, OGG, or MP3, they all play static.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions about this.  I found the problem:
it was a bad CD drive (the shitty Mitsumi DM-2000TE, which never did work
well) that had started kicking static to the rest of my IDE channel, which
happened to include my CD/DVD burner that I was using to rip audio.  I
swapped out the Mitsumi drive, and the problem has gone away.  When I find
a little time this evening, I'll get my 10 lb. sledge and finish up with
the Mitsumi.