Re: nvidia not working after dist-upgrade. [WAS: Re: Help, X won't start after repartiotion of hdb]

> After doing  a dist-upgrade nvidia kernel module was upgraded, and X
> won't start at boot. I use kdm. Running '/etc/init.d/kdm start' gave
> no errormessages, but startx did:
[..]
>  Error: API mismatch: the NVIDIA kernel module is version 6.1.0, but
>  this X module is version 1.0.7174. Please be sure that your kernel
>  module and all NVIDIA driver files have the same driver version.
>  (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
>  (EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
>  (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
[..]
> kernel : 2.4.27-1-386

It seems that you have a mismatch between some combination of your
kernel, your nvidia kernel module, and the nvidia GLX libraries.  Run
the following command and post the results:

apt-cache policy kernel-image-2.4.27-1-386 nvidia-kernel-2.4.27-1-386
nvidia-glx