Re: Loading a router using Linux

In article <[🔎] fs2r6159ek81idhsk2ggcoe9807e9moevl@4ax.com>,
Beretta  <invalid@invalid.org> wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:30:09 +0200, in linux.debian.user you wrote:
>
>>No. I meant whether it is possible to load Linux instead of the
>>proprietary Cisco's OS or not. In other words, becoming Linux as the
>>operational system of the router itself.
>>I was told about that could be done and now I'm curious to find out a
>>way to do that. Even if it should necessary to make changes into the
>>kernel.
>
>I'd find that highly unlikely without a good deal of reverse engineering and
>massive amounts of kernel hacking..

So unlikely, even, that it has already been done years ago ;)

I'm not sure the project is still maintained, though. The website
looks broken, but it is still around - somewhat. See
http://www.mcvax.org/~koen/uClinux-cisco2500/ and
http://www.uclinux.org/ports/ or Google for "uclinux cisco"

Mike.
--
One suspects that Chaucer would feel right at home on Usenet
	-- The Jargon File, "flame".