Re: Debian: wxpython

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 04:16:21PM +0000, jeff elkins wrote:
| I'm a python newbie, but have completed a console app that I'd like
| to convert to run  under X or Windows.

FYI - console apps run on windows (unless you used ncurses, in which
case it will run on top of cygwin which provides ncurses)

| Reading recent postings on the python list, wxpython seemed a reasonable
| choice so

I agree with that conclusion.

| under I installed (via apt-get) the various wxpython stuff
| available.
|
| Did I miss installing something?

Just a quick note, wxPython does work on debian.  I have version
"2.5.3.2" installed and use it quite regularly.

HTH,
-D

--
The Consultant's Curse:
    When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him