Re: installing old versions of GCC

Le mardi 26 avril 2005 à 07:13 -0400, Mark D. Hansen a écrit :
> I'm running unstable.  Currrent version of gcc is 3.3.5.
> However, my kernel (2.6.7) was built with gcc-3.3.4.  I don't want
> to rebuild kernel, so I need to have a copy of gcc-3.3.4 around
> for tasks such as the following ...

Not sure ...

> I'm installing VMWare and need to custom build the vmmon module.
> Since my kernel was built with 3.3.4, VMWare strongly recommends
> that I build the vmmon module with gcc-3.3.4.

Yes, Vmware kindly suggests that.
However from 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 (if I got the numbering scheme right) you
only get bugfixes, no ABI incompatibility.

Just try with what you currently have.
Aurélien.

In Marseilles they make half the toilet soap we consume in America, but
the Marseillaise only have a vague theoretical idea of its use, which
they have obtained from books of travel. -- Mark Twain

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.