Re: ssh.com on debian woody/i386

On 4/26/05, Sean Davis <dive-debian@endersgame.net> wrote:

> Hi, has anyone tried running ssh.com in place of openssh on woody? I just
> gave it a shot, and it was very noticably slower, for example there was a
> quite noticable delay between typing ls <enter> and getting the output.
> OpenSSH doesn't do that...

I remember that sometime ago ssh.com has not supported the ssh-v1 protocol
natively, but needed to start the extra ssh-1 server seperately for each
connection.  What protocol do you use?

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer the closed-source ssh over openssh?
What features justify the price (~ 700 euros per server, IIRC)?

Have fun,
Jim