Re: Big trouble with nfs

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem, but you may get a better response
if you provide a few more details.

You forgot to mention what version of NFS, and whether you are using kernel server
support (instead of the user mode server).  If you are, is it "experimental" in that
kernel?

You don't mention whether you have network problems, or problems with non-debian
clients.

One more thing.  Before rebooting, did you try "umount -f /home" repeatedly on the
client?  You may have to do it several times and wait several seconds each time,
once for each stale file handle.  I've never had to reboot after I discovered this
trick.