Re: SSH Blocking

On Monday April 25 2005 7:50 am, Dave Ewart wrote:

> Changing SSH port is 'really' more secure (obscurity and all that),
> but it's an extra layer and, if nothing else, stops your logs
> getting cluttered with all the failed logins ...

Another thing you'll want to do is avoid the bloody obvious logins
that the automated scans seem drawn towards.  Might be interesting to
set up a honeypot that accepts any login with any password and see
what it tries to do.  I'd do it, but don't have the resources to set
up a honeypot, much less know how to set one up securely.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca