Re: Thesis/Dissertation authoring application

On Apr 25 2005, Lee Braiden wrote:
> My understanding is that LyX is just like the relatively new style-based
> wordprocessing: it *is* WYSIWYG, as much as possible, but the important
> part is that it separates design from content, and then encourages
> consistency with that design throughout your document.

Please, I think that I am not alone here, with the previous poster also
puzzled: isn't seeing what you type being directly rendered a detractor
issue of using this system?

I usually concentrate on my texts, write them *in paper* with a pen,
without worrying if something is gonna be bold or italics or whatever and
*only then* I go to the computer and type the text, now worrying if this
should be emphasized, bold etc.

I know that my way of typing important documents may seem jurassic, but it
works for me and I would like to comprehend if LyX would help in this
matter.

Thanks in advance, Rogério.