Re: Changed from CRT to LCD monitor: now xine and gxine don't work (but mplayer does).

Adam Funk wrote:
> based on the frequencies given in the new monitor's manual.  I also changed
> all the "Modes" lines in the screen section from
>        Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
> to this.
>        Modes           "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
>
> Generally, everything works fine.  But gxine (my preferred video player) and
> xine now display only a bunch of green lines where the video should be.
> (I'd link to a screenshot but the one I took didn't capture what I saw --
> it just showed a black box where the video should be.)  Mplayer, however,
> shows the same video files; I got the same results with a few different
> formats.

This is very much a guess, but anyway, what kind of video card do you
have, and how much memory does it have?

It might be that because you are now running a higher resolution,
there isn't enough video memory left to use the accelerated modes of
Xine. Try setting the resolution back to 1024x768.

This post might also be of interest (try the different options for Xine):
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2003-October/013417.html

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson