Re: Debian: wxpython

On Saturday 23 April 2005 09:46 pm, Steve Lamb wrote:
> jeff elkins wrote:
> > Did I miss installing something?
>
>     Dunno.  Without a dpkg -l listing of what you have installed it would
> be hard to say if it is all there or not.  Could you provide such a list
> for the packages you installed for wxPython functionality?  :)

Hmm, lessee...

Package: wxpython2.5.3
Section: python
Installed-Size: 152
Maintainer: Ron Lee <ron@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: wxwidgets2.5
Version: 2.5.3.2
Replaces: wxpython, libwxgtk2.4-python
Provides: wxpython
Depends: libwxgtk2.5.3-python, python2.3
Suggests: wxwin2.5-doc, wxwin2.5-examples, python2.3-xml
Conflicts: wxpython
Filename: pool/main/w/wxwidgets2.5/wxpython2.5.3_2.5.3.2_i386.deb
Size: 20182
MD5sum: 82bcf467b3a919989265dff8ced2561f
files)  wxWidgets (formerly known as wxWindows) is a class library for C++
providing  GUI components and other facilities on several popular platforms
(and some  unpopular ones as well).  For more information see
http://wxwidgets.org
 .
 This package provides support utilities and common files for wxPython2.5.3.
 If you wish to use xrced you'll also need the python2.3-xml package
 installed.

apt-cache search wxpython:

libwxgtk2.4-python - wxWindows Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (wxPython
binding) libwxgtk2.5.3-python - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit
(wxPython binding)
python-opengl - Python binding to OpenGL
python-pythoncard - wxPython-based GUI construction framework (underlying
Python libraries)
python2.1-opengl - Python binding to OpenGL
python2.2-opengl - Python binding to OpenGL
python2.3-opengl - Python binding to OpenGL
python2.3-pythoncard - wxPython-based GUI construction framework (underlying
Python 2.3 libraries)
pythoncard - wxPython-based GUI construction framework (meta-package)
pythoncard-doc - wxPython-based GUI construction framework (documentation
and samples)
pythoncard-tools - wxPython-based GUI construction framework (optional
development tools)
wx2.5-examples - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (examples)
wxpython2.5.3 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (wxPython common
files)
wxwin2.4-examples - wxWindows Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (examples)

Basically, I installed everything available from a search for wxpython.

The only exceptions were:

Package wxwin2.5-doc is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

Package wxwin2.5-examples is not available, but is referred to by another
package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Jeff