Re: Linux hides my Fat32 data partition

Well, the ALTERNATE SYSTEM section in the lilo.conf manual is
interesting in this regard.  Especially the stuff about the change
keyword. Perhaps you can tell lilo to explicitly unhide your
partition.

Wim

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at the manual.txt for more detailed information and added the following lines (or something like) to the previously posted lilo.conf

change
   partition=/dev/sda2
       type=DOS16_big_normal

I have rerun lilo with the new conf file and it seems to work, Windows can now see the partition. Obviously the 'CHANGE AUTOMATIC ASSUMED AFTER ....' I used to get when I ran LILO was hiding the partition for some reason.

Thanks again

Wackojacko