Re: 1920x1200 modeline for Dell 2405FPW

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 03:13:01PM +1000, Cameron Hutchison wrote:

> I had a play with this, and what I've found out is that the recommended
> timings (from DDC from the monitor) have a VERY small horizontal and
> vertical sync times (which was probably obvious to anyone well versed in
> reading mode lines :-). I wonder if my video card cant handle such small
> sync times?
>
> > I hope you get it working!
>
> Thanks. Still trying.

What us being reported in  /var/log/XFree86.0.log? Anything useful?
I used to get stuff like:
(WW) (1920x1200_60.00,Generic Monitor) mode clock 193.16MHz exceeds
DDC maximum 170MHz

if you have read-edid installed you can try as root

get-edid | parse-edid  and see what DDC information is being sent by
the monitor.

I peeked at the Radeon site:
http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html

NOTE: resolutions are limited by the performance of the attached
monitor. DVI-I monitors will be limited to 1600x1200.

This under the 16:9 section, but hopefully its not the problem.

--
Angelina Carlton