Re: using cron - debian-user FAQs periodic posting?

Incoming from brandon:
> thanks for all the help. are there any online resources/sites that
> covers scripting for noobs in detail? i'd look up them if there are any

Perhaps we should have something like that posted each week, a la
Usenet:

  - How to unsubscribe

  - How to begin using Debian

  - Differences between releases, and downstream Debian related
    projects.

  - How to use lists.debian.org archives.

  - ...

We see these over and over and over again.  I'll start it with:

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html

Perhaps if we saw, "Subject: Noobies!  Start here!", coming through
from time to time, it would not only minimize the repeats, but help
the newbies.  The rest of us could train our MUA's to filter them out
if we didn't want to see them?

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -