Re: Dynamic DNS Hostname?

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:10:12 +0200, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> I have a debian box that has its ip address served by a Microsoft DHCP
> and Dynamic DNS server.  How do I configure debian networking to
> register its hostname?  I think in RedHat, you use "DHCP_HOSTNAME".
> Is there an equivelent in Debian?  Thanks for any tips.

It depends on which DHCP client you are using.  dhclient3 will set the
hostname if it is not currently set.  This behavior can be modified by
editing /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script.

dhcpcd sets the host name iff SET_HOSTNAME='yes' in /etc/dhcpc/config.

pump and udhcpc can't set the hostname in Debian.

--
Thomas Hood