Re: POLL: Should Debian remove all GNU FDL-licensed documentation?
Brian Nelson wrote:
And now for the questions:
1. Is it acceptable for Debian to permanently remove most FDL documents
so that they are no longer available on Debian mirrors or on Debian CDs?
2. Is it acceptable if all FDL documents were moved to non-free so that
they could still be downloaded from Debian mirrors? Note that they
still would not appear on most Debian CDs.
3. Should Debian allow documents without invariant sections in main, and
only remove/move-to-non-free those with invariant sections?
4. Should Debian modify the Social Contract and/or Debian Free Software
Guidelines to allow all FDL documents to remain in the main archive
and appear on Debian CDs?
Uhhhh I dunno
5. Is Debian making a big out of a minor issue? Should Debian be
focusing more on creating a usable operating system and less on worrying
about licensing issues?
Please restrict your answers to "Yes", "No", or "Uhhhh I dunno".