Re: Sarge fsck problem with RHEL4 ext3 ?

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 05:56:46PM +0100, Adam Mercer wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005 5:15 PM, Ron Peterson <rpeterso@mtholyoke.edu> wrote:
>
> > What so-called *feature* did Redhat add???
>
> They added an online resizing utility, see the release notes below...
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/release-notes/as-x86/index.html#id3463109
>
> could this be the reason?

I bet that's it.  Thanks.  This is from the frontpage of e2fsprogs site:

"This release contains a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the
previous releases. In particular if you wish to experiment with the
on-line resizing feature in the 2.6 kernels you should upgrade to this
version of e2fsprogs."

So apparently Redhat backported this to 1.35.  That's one thing I don't
like about backporting: you can't count on the release number to
indicate the feature set.

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager