RE: Installing XOrg?

From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Roman Stöckl-Schmidt
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:04 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Installing XOrg?
Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote on 05.04.2005 16:55:
| Patrick Kirchner wrote on 04.04.2005 21:00:
| | I guess I should have mentioned that I found the same sites, but as
| | states ( http://debian.linux-systeme.com/ ) he's offline until he
| | with the massive influx of traffic.  Makes me think I'm not the only
| | was interested in XOrg on Debian ;)
| | I added the entries to my sources.list but they fail to update.
| | I'll probably just keep them in my sources.list and wait until I can
connect.
| This is so strange, I've read on a forum where I found that link that
| the content is offline. However I've tried yesterday and after reading
| lucky and his bandwidth-quota limit wasn't reached for me yet. I
| haven't seen the site saying that the files are unavailable (yet).
| As for the "Installing a non-intrusive X.org server on Debian" I
| | avoid that one as it wasn't a pre-compiled package and required
| | building from source which I prefer to avoid in order to stay
up-to-date.
| I understand that, the link was merely provided as an
| 'if-all-else-fails'-option.
| Thumbs up, Roman.
>UPDATE:
>I'm now running X.org 6.8.2 from the above named site, upgrade went
flawlessly. Started out downloading some individual packages and then added
the
>aforementioned lines to sources.list, considering I#m on a single channel
ISDN line (64 kbps) it took quite some time. So simply said either you're
>missing something or I'm just one lucky bastard.

I think you're one lucky bastard!  ;)

Maybe traffic from my continent (North America) is being denied access to
this repository to reduce traffic?  Anyone else able/not able to access this
repository?

Err http://debian.linux-systeme.com unstable/main Packages
  403 Forbidden
Ign http://debian.linux-systeme.com unstable/main Release
Err http://debian.linux-systeme.com unstable/main Sources
  403 Forbidden
Ign http://debian.linux-systeme.com unstable/main Release
Get:1 ftp://ftp.nerim.net unstable/main Packages [19.5kB]
Hit ftp://ftp.nerim.net unstable/main Release
Fetched 19.5kB in 3s (6358B/s)
Failed to fetch
http://debian.linux-systeme.com/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
403 Forbidden
Failed to fetch
http://debian.linux-systeme.com/dists/unstable/main/source/Sources.gz  403
Forbidden
Reading Package Lists... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

Patrick.