Re: Aspell 0.60 and mutt

Brad Sawatzky(brad+debian@swatter.net) is reported to have said:
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005, Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> >   In an effort to clean up my mail spelling/typos I am trying to get
> >   aspell working with mutt, without much luck, it seems
> >
> >   I goggled for how it 'should' be set up but none of the methods works
> >   here. ie:
> [ a few 'set ispell=aspell ...' options ]
> > Is anyone able to get this version of aspell (0.60.2+20050121-1)
> > working with mutt (1.5.6-20040907+3) or should I just give up and
> > go with ispell?
>
> The problem is probably the 'set' before the 'ispell=foo' (it shouldn't be
> there).  I just gave it a try (identical aspell, mutt versions) and it
> works for me.  All I have in my muttrc file is
>   ispell="aspell -e -c"
> I can invoke the spell-checker with 'i' at the compose screen.
>
> FYI, if you still have problems, you should be able to catch the error
> messages by redirecting stderr:
>    mutt 2>mutt.err

Oh, do I wish it were that simple.... Made the change, as you show and

VT5 wtopa-Buddy:~$ mutt
Error in /home/wtopa/.muttrc, line 62: ispell=aspell -e -c: unknown command

and after putting the set back in and running 'mutt 2>mutt.err', replying to a
msg and hitting 'i' in the compose screen, screen jumps, no error message, then
quitting.

VT4 wtopa-Buddy:~$ less mutt.err
mutt.err: No such file or directory

which tells me that mutt just didn't throw an error.

I hadn't thought about directing the error messages, thanks for that!
I am back to square one again.

BTW all the references I found (many) all had the 'set' in the statement.

Thanks for the try tho Brad.

Wayne
--
DOS Tip #2: Add BUGS=OFF to your CONFIG.SYS