Re: Thursday upgrade borked my nvidia drivers

> An sarge upgrade on Thursday has made my nvidia driver unusable.  I run
> the
> debian 2.24.7 prebuilt kernel.  I believe it was the upgrade from 2.24.7-7
> to 2.24.7-8 that has caused the problem but I'm not certain what else was
> upgraded any more.

Hi Roy.  Any time you change your kernel, you have to rebuild your nvidia
kernel module (in fact, all of your kernel modules) for the new kernel.
Reinstalling the nvidia driver will do it.  Or, since you're using a stock
kernel, you can probably also install a prebuilt nvidia kernel module to
match it.  Either way should work.  For details, see
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html.

Good luck,
Andrew.