Re: XMMS only runs under KDE

Alvin Smith wrote:

Same results! Runs under root, but not under normal user... Well, not quite! I created a new user who has no problem running either application. So, the corruption is not in .xmms, but in some other configuration directory or file.
Does this make any sense?

What about purging both packages & installing fresh.

Does xmms / bmp have a verbose option? (I don't have it available at the moment to check..)

I recall I had a similar problem, can't remember *exactly* what the problem ended up being, but iirc once I had run xmms as root it worked from then on, maybe check permissions on the devices (/dev/dsp etc)