Re: Udev, kernel 2.6, SATA, and FlashDisk

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 23:39 +0700, MS Linuz wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 18:14 +0700, MS Linuz wrote:
> >

> >>Just a little bit of sharing:
> >>

> >[snip]
[snip]

> Now, I still can't get my cdrw works. This cdrw is using IDE interface.
> I got /dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrw device file which both are refered to
> /dev/hdb. Looks like the mount process goes fine, since I can see the cd
> led blink while inserting cd and command 'eject' works like a charm means
> that it is mounted automagically.

No, I think that's meaningless.

> But when I browse into /cdrom or cdrom icon within gnome's Computer icon
> it shows me error message ( sorry i can't write it down right now since
> I can't remember it - i'm not at home right now ) saying the device can't
> be found ( something similiar ).
> Simply said that I can't browse into my cd, and I've tried to mount
> various possible device files to the cdrom mount point with no good result.
> Executing 'mount /cdrom' with root privilege --which always work on my
> 'ide ata based system' with unstable and kernel 2.6-- doesn't help.
> What 'tweaks' should I do now ?

Tweaks?  No tweaks.  Investigation.

Run these commands:
  $ grep cdrom /etc/fstab

  $ dmesg | grep hd[a-d]

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Since when do business goals (profit) come before values,
ethics, and decency?"
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
Since the time of the writing of the Old Testament...