Re: IIS says "You are not authorized to view this page". Grrrr.

* Andrey Andreev <andreev@cs.helsinki.fi> [2005 Mar 22 06:32 -0600]:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
> [snip]
> >Okay, I have a bit of a different twist at work.  Even though we are an
> >MS shop, recently IT installed squid as the proxy server (heck, we're
> >even running Apache).  Try as I might to use the proxy with FF or Moz
> >(on NT 4.0), I just get a dialog box asking for my username and password.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> So? Why not just enter your username and password? Username in the
> DOMAINNAME\username form, if your squid would authenticate you against
> AD. And if that doesn't work, maybe (as it sometimes happens with
> backslashes and custom setups) you can try DOMAINNAME\\username.

Okay, dumb question, where do I enter this, in the dialog or in the URL
bar?

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of