Re: "shutdown -h now" doesn't switch off the power

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:14:54PM +0100, Marc Barisch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to shutdown my server over the network via "shutdown -h now".
> The machines is shut down, however the power isn't switched.
> If I use the shutdown button in kdm, everything works fine and the power is
> turned off.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Marc Barisch

Hi Marc,

a quick check if you happen to run with apm, at least it worked for me.
Make sure you have the kernel option 'apm=power-off' in your kernel
command line, e.g. in lilo: append="apm=power-off"

Hth,
--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred
                 Key-ID: 0x81073379