Re: wuftpd or proftpd: comments please

I've had very good experiences with pureftpd;

Being a relative nooB I had to setup a low bandwith ftp server with:
- pam accounts, limited to /home/username and
- one admin account with access to the whole filesystem and
- chrooted virtual accounts.

I used pureftpd and had, without any former knowledge of setting up ftp servers, everything set up in an evening due to pureftpd's easy setup and good documentation on their website. Works like a dream.

YMMV

Groet,

Peter Teunissen

-- Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their own level and beat you on experience.