Re: Switching to X.org

On Monday 07 March 2005 04:41, Bob Alexander wrote:
> I have a mostly well behaved Debian sid system including xserver-xfree8
> 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1.
>
> As some of you know I have an enduring problem with connecting a
> video-beam.
>
> Is there a documented way of trying X.org and if needed going back
> without breaking too many things ?
>
> TIA,
> Bob

I have Debian-specific instructions at:

http://dwdraw.homeunix.org/xorg/xorg-building.html
If you are patient, the web page will slowly load.

1) Compile using
http://incubator.vislab.usyd.edu.au/roller/page/Steve/20040909

2) Create symlinks so you can use scripts to switch back and forth between
xorg and xfree86

---

(The debian.linux-systeme.com repository has been down for a while, though
Ubuntu has Xorg packages in its repository that may work better than my
ad-hoc method.)