Re: DRM in debian?

Hi Lee,

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 21:29, Lee Braiden wrote:
> Hmm... as some of you may know, the KPDF developers have been in a discussion
> recently about the ethics of implementing Digital Rights Management in their
> PDF reader.
>
> According to the latest KDE CVS Digest* they've now added an
> --enable-kpdf-drm=no option to configure.  (Seems like it should be
> --disable-kdpf-drm, but whatever).  Seems like they're planning to have it
> default to enabled.
>
> Does anyone know how debian is likely to react to this?    Will it be enabled
> by default in debian too?
>

> * http://cvs-digest.org/?newissue=feb252005&all

Don't knwo how Debian reacts on this, but I hope carefully.
Currently the DRM does not allow me to play my own MP3 on my own little
MP3-player.

I guess this DRM stuff can/will be used by Coomercial Industries, not
only to restrict copying but also to restrict which software is allowed
to prepare data.

Kind Regards,
Thomas