Re: pingus levels ???

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:59:31AM +0100, Alberto Bert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed pingus (a free lemming game clone), but apparently I just
> have got the tutorial levels. I finished the tutorial island and I don't
> know how to get the "real" game.
> In the pingus site it seems that there should be a lot of levels...
>
> Anyone know anything about that?
>
> thanks
> Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I just came across the same problem...:)
I haven't found any way of going directly on with the gameplay, but I
found a way of getting to the other levels. Make sure you have installed
pingus-data, then you can have a look at
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pingus-data.list, where you will find levels and, on
my Sarge system from last November, two worlds, 'pacman' and 'volcano'.
That is, doing
'pingus --worldmap /usr/share/games/pingus/worldmaps/volcano.xml' or
'pingus --worldmap /usr/share/games/pingus/worldmaps/pacman.xml' works,
or I can also play maps directly, e.g.
'pingus -l /usr/share/games/pingus/levels/wip/stone-brinkmann.xml' also
gets a level to start.

Have fun,
--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred