Re: content filtering proxy

On Monday 28 February 2005 17:13, ABrady wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:02:48 +0100
> andreas.sumper@nimbus.at wrote:
> > Right now, I have a shorewall based firewall and a squid proxy server
> > on  another machine, both debian sarge, but afaik squid does not
> > support  content filtering.
>
> Dansguardian
> Privoxy
> SafeSquid
>
> not sure off-hand about safesquid) are available via apt.

Yep, middleman is also worth checking out.  Dansguardian kicks butt for
parental-control type stuff, if that's what you're after.

If you really mean application level filtering, rather than just web
filtering, at least one of the firewall packages in sid seems to be highly
customisable.  I forget the name, but it's written in python, with modules
for analysing different traffic.  Probably slow as hell, and complicated too,
though ;)

--
Lee.