Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

Josh Narins wrote:

Because linux advocacy is not the purpose of the debian-user list.

I agree, but this was not a Linux advocacy issue, but rather a choice issue. If you look at my original message, the subject line started with [OT], this gave everyone the opportunity to filter it out, including you.

As a former member of America's most agile and deadly branch of the
Armed Services, the Marine Corps, I know I don't need to strut around
impressing anyone, which was the second reason my post was off-list.

I want to thank you for that service, I too served, although not as a noble Marine, but only as an army ADA supporting RDF out of FT Bragg.

BTW: I did post this is public...

Actually, you didn't.  You have lied to me. What you _did_ post in
public, as a reply to me, included the following, which I have copied
here...

Sorry about that, I did attempt to post to the list, but my email program gave me a bcc line and I was not paying attention, my bad!!

I don't think I asked anyone to act like they were going to cancel
in my original note. I was just making a comment about how people
can't understand how some of us don't run windoze.

What you actually said, and I quote here from your original e-mail, is
as follows...

"I just wonder how they would react if a even a portion of the Debian
community contacted them, then refused to sign up because IE was the
only option."

The above quote clearly is inciting "a portion of the Debian community" to seek to sign up, knowing full well they don't support
non-IE browsers, and then refuse to sign up.

Looking at it again, I can see where you could get that idea, not the intention though. I guess I just wanted to hear what others had to say, thank you for contributing.

I don't know how old you are,

I'm 33, you peice of shit.

Again, as I said in a follow up note, composed and sent within about 5 minutes of my first reply, you caught me at a bad moment, and although, by mistake, the first reply did not make it to the list, my apology to you was made in public, as it is again, I am sorry I offended you. Hopefully in nine years, on your birthday, you won't have the day I did today. Not an excuse, just a reason.

--

Have a great day...

John