Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

> Josh Narins wrote:
>

> >Off list.
> >
> >I think this is a really shady tactic.
> >
> >I know of many instances where certain political groups rush their users
> >off to send e-mails saying "I'm cancelling my subscription" because the
> >press outfit in question publishes material outraging the certain
> >political groups.
> >
> >It would be dishonest, no?  To say I wouldn't join something I wasn't
> >planning on joining anyway?
> >
> >I hope you don't run into me in person.
> >

> Why exactly did you have to post off list??

Because linux advocacy is not the purpose of the debian-user list.

> I live in Lutz Florida, would be glad to meet you so that could explain
> why you feel you can PUFF up in private, but don't have the balls to
> discuss it on a public forum.

I am fairly confident that it would have been the small-balled man who
would have felt the need to "PUFF" up in public.

As a former member of America's most agile and deadly branch of the
Armed Services, the Marine Corps, I know I don't need to strut around
impressing anyone, which was the second reason my post was off-list.

> BTW: I did post this is public...

Actually, you didn't.  You have lied to me. What you _did_ post in
public, as a reply to me, included the following, which I have copied
here...

> I don't think I asked anyone to act like they were going to cancel
> in my original note. I was just making a comment about how people
> can't understand how some of us don't run windoze.

What you actually said, and I quote here from your original e-mail, is
as follows...

"I just wonder how they would react if a even a portion of the Debian
community contacted them, then refused to sign up because IE was the
only option."

The above quote clearly is inciting "a portion of the Debian
community" to seek to sign up, knowing full well they don't support
non-IE browsers, and then refuse to sign up.

This is immoral, and a regular tactic of certain, reprehensible
political factions.

> I don't know how old you are,

I'm 33, you peice of shit.

--
xplanet -body earth -transpng a.png -geometry "300x300-0+0" -origin sun
My politics : http://satp.blogspot.com