Re: [TAG] Obscure LILO problem, 1-5 minute LILO delay upon bootup.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 06:27:10AM -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> However, with the 60GB -> 250GB drive, I did everything the same and
> at the LILO prompt or "LIL" I should say, it sits there for about
> 1-5 minutes and then says Loading Linux... BIOS something for about
> another 60 seconds and THEN finally loads. Does anyone know what is up
> with this 5-6 minute delay to load Linux?

Try enabling the "compact" option in /etc/lilo.conf, re-run /sbin/lilo,
and see if that helps.

Oh, and I see that you've cross-posted to some other mailing-lists.
This is both stupid and disasterous, as although I am subscribed to
those other lists, I'm not subscribed from this address, so they'll
never reach them.  Also, if as TAG is a publically accessible
mailing-list, any replies from those lists will reach us.  While this
might be desirable in some cases -- it CERTAINLY isn't in this case, it
throws into questions whether we can publish the answers we get -- the
people replying are not aware this might be the case.

In short, don't do it again.

-- Thomas Adam

--
I know nothing, and understand even less.