From: Kamaraju Kusumanchi [mailto:kamaraju@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:40 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: using download.35mb.com under debian

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:01:36 -0500, Kevin Mark
<kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 01:57:13PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > Using Debian unstable - kept uptodate on a daily basis.
> > I have problem accessing download.35mb.com from Debian. First I
tried
> > with firefox then there is an error saying that
> >

> > Im sorry this site is only compatible with Microsoft Internet
Explorer
> > on Windows.
> > You are currently using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
> > rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041128 Firefox/1.0 (Debian package 1.0-4)
> >

> > OK. Then I tried with konqueror by setting the browser
identification as IE 6.0
> > This time I am able to see the files uploaded. But I am not able to
> > download any files. For example, I tried downloading temp.txt from
> >
> > http://download.35mb.com/test1234/
> >
> > But there is an error with the following message
> >
> > Error: http://static.35mb.com/applet/download_u.js: SyntaxError:
Parse
> > error at line 2
> >

> > So my question is how can I use this site's service in Debian. I
know
> > that it is possible to use it in windows. But I stopped using
windows
> > long time and dont want to go back to it.
> >
> > Shall I file a bug report under konqueror?
> >
> > Any ideas/hints/work arounds?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> > raju
> >
> Hi Raju,
> I used Kazehakase and changed the browser sting to:
> "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"
> and it showed test.txt
> -Kev
> --

Sorry for not making my case clear. I was able to see the files in the
directory. But I am not able to download them. Are you able to
download them after performing the hacks you suggested?

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi