Re: [Maybe OT]WINE related question

Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote:
| PS I have IE6 running at last ... so now I have a GNOME desktop with KDE
|  Konqueror from which I start IE6 ... to make the savages confused :) :)

Glad to hear that, I haven't been so lucky yet =/
And I need it for testing purposes, but I'll just keep on trying,
eventually some twist of fate will come to my rescue =))

Sorry to hear that. Can't believe it :( I followed the procedures like a braindamaged monkey and made it ... maybe you know too much about WINE :)

I succeded with the current wine sid package (20041201) by installing the following packages:
bob@t40:~/tmp$ dpkg -l |grep wine
ii  libwine        0.0.20041201-1 Windows Emulator (Library)
ii  wine           0.0.20041201-1 Windows Emulator (Binary Emulator)
ii  wine-utils     0.0.20041201-1 Windows Emulator (Utilities)
ii  winesetuptk    0.7-1.1        Windows Emulator (Configuration and

(last one probably unneeded)

and using the tar.gz version of the WINETOOLS utility (http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/).

The end of the procedure gave a nasty error but the whole thing worked just the same.

I am only missing the icon buttons (back, home etc.).

HTH,
Bob

PS I will follow with a snapshot of my current desktop to your address :)