Re: Re: ext3 undelete/recovery

Hello,

When you rm a file, ext3 take extra steps that prevents those tools from finding
deleted data. There is still a way to undelete, grep the filesystem/partition :
grep /dev/hda1 for example, but that s a no go for most people.

I have that problem to recover some deleted files from a ext3 partition. The partition ist almost full (only 2 from 80GB free) so the area where the deleted
files can be is quite small.

Is there a tool to grep/copy only this unallocated area of the disc? This would speed up the recovery very much as we have many similar text-files on that partition.

Regards,
Bernhard B.