Re: how to run mplayer as user

On Friday 11 February 2005 10:46, Alexei Chetroi wrote:
> > vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
> > Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
>

>   Have you tried to run mplayer with "-vo xv" command line option?
I don't see why I should change a video driver (vidix) which is the best for
my mach64 card and works perfectly under root. If mplayer cannot run vidix
under a normal user in debian I think it is useless to me and I will use
kaffeine instead.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.