Firefox themes won't load

Hi, I'm using Debian unstable with Firefox 1.0+dfsg.1-6 ..
I've been using Firefox since it forked from Mozilla and am familiar
with theme installation, having used all of them at one time or another.

With this version however, I left-click on the 'Install' link and nothing
happens. Centre-clicking on it brings up an install tab with a lot of
indecipherable jargon but leaving it to play itself out produces
nothing in Tools->Themes. Right clicking on the 'Install' link allows me
to download '*.jar' files to

/home/adam/Desktop/Downloads/firefox#

but doing

Tux:/home/adam/Desktop/Downloads/firefox# cp qute-3-fx.jar /home/adam/.mozilla/firefox/cnkf8sb8.adam1/themes/qute-3-fx.jar

does not install a new theme in Tools->Themes either.

I know there has to be an alphanumeric string between brackets
somewhere.

Constructive suggestions appreciated.

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz