Re: Building a custom sendmail.cf

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Chavdar Videff wrote:

> > that (submit.cf line) should not happen
> >
> I tried without the submit.cf line too with the same result.

good ... it means the submit.cf is wrong

use the one from sendmail.org/sendmail-8.13.1/cf/cf/submit.* instead

> I cannot recreate it, for on the Slackware box again the .cf files are not
> compiled but edited by the antivirus installer.

not a good thing ... bad idea of the antivirus installer

> I found out that the sendmail.mc is rather short and that a lot of things are
> included by the reference of OSTYPE ('debian') in it (I am attaching the
> sendmail.mc file,

sendmail.mc file is suppoed to be short and simple ...

the ("good") defaults is compiled into the binaries

> This happens when I add the line in /usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/proto.m4 at this
> point defining ruleset 98:

you should NOT be using anything in /usr/share/sendmail ...

download sendmail-8.13.1 from sendmail.org and use those generic files
instead

- always use the generic sendmail from sendmail.org to avoid headaches

- in theory, one should be able to add rules into sendmail.cf files,
  but it may or may not work ..
	- using sendmail.mc and anitvirus.mc should work

c ya
alvin