Re: How to handle news:// URLS from the browser in Debian ?

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 08:41 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Mozilla, firefox and konqueror all complain that news:// URLS are not
> handled.
>
> Howto fix this ?
>
> Of course I have Thunderbird as the mail/news reader installed.

at least for firefox , you can try about:config (in address bar)

create or modify
network.protocol-handler.external.news  (booean) = true
network.protocol-handler.app.news (string)
= /usr/bin/mozilla-thunderbird

that is, of course, if thunderbird can accept news urls.

--
-aab
http://www.bayazit.net/alphan