Re: Xprint startup errors

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:45:26 +0200, David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> > > Did you refresh fonts.scale and then font.dir?
> > > # cd /usr/share/fontxyz
> > > # rm -f fonts.dir fonts.scale
> > > # mkfontscale
> > > # mkfontdir
> > > usually does the trick for me
> >
> > Did this, see what happens.
> > It also took off a file encodings.dir so I hope this did not break
> > something else :-)
>
> Anyway, did not help. Those two files consist of the character '0'. That's
> all.
Sounds like that mkfontscale is broken. Does it find encodings.dir and
are the *.enc files still there?

>  Still get the error messages.
Not really a surprise. Your font database is broken so the server
rejects them. If you get that fixed then everything will start working
again.

Jonas
--
 .-.   .-.    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
(_  \ /  _)   are largely ceremonial.