Debian/Ubuntu and the user-friendliness

Hi everyone!

I only trust debian distrib for his way of seeing the linux operating
system, but recently i discovered the ubuntu distrib. I think this distrib
is still too young, but theres are really good ideas ! And if you could
keep 2 of them, it would be the pmount way of seeing removable devices
(which is the subject of another thread) and the gnome desktop
configuration. It's definitly the most usefull and well known
configuration i found... no icons on the desktop by default and a really
good default menu (Configuration apps are separate from the other apps).

But i still stay on Debian because of the richness of the packages...
However, recently i discovered more and more packages that were badly
configured or unsynchronized... For example, the plone package that is
only available for the old 2.1 version of zope... But a v2.7 is also in
another package. I'm kinda disapoint ed on the package stuff... But i
can't criticize too much because i don't maintain package though...

Anyway, i enjoy the fact that Debian begin to become a real desktop
distrib! the user-friendliness in few months have been more and more
impressive! But it's still possible to have a pure server distrib with
debian and i like that !! having the choice of doing what we want on our
computer !

I had to went back to windows recently because my new PC components aren't
supported by linux (amd64/nforce4/pci-x/nvidia6600)... I'm sad of this and
i hope that all the problems around these hardware components will be
solved in the next nvidia drivers and kernel versions... By the way, does
debian will port xorg ??

In conclusion, i'd like to encourage all the debian
developpers/maintainers/etc. for their job !

Creak

PS: i apologize for my english, i tried as hard as i can to have an
understandable writing... but english is not my natural language.