Re: make menuconfig in most recent Sarge

Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
>> The workaround says you recompiled ncurses - no insight past that.

> Worse than that, I keep careful notes in a mysql database nowadays and
> that reveals that I used menuconfig on the 27th on another partition
> with the same ncurses and a 2.6.9 kernel, which fails now the same way!

Something's different, otherwise it would behave the same.

>> A few weeks ago I was curious if lxdialog could handle any of the scripts
>> in dialog's samples - lxdialog couldn't handle any of them (_not_ an ncurses
>> bug).
>>
>> Sure - file a bug report against lxdialog.
>>

> Which does not seem to be it either because I get the failure in both
> 2.4.29 and 2.6.9.

But there are only minor changes in lxdialog between 2.4.x and 2.6.x
(Outside of the makefile, none should be relevant during initialization).

Filing a bug report won't do much good unless you can explain how to
reproduce the problem.  Since you can reproduce it, why not isolate
the cause of the problem, e.g., by running the corresponding command
from a debugger, to get a walkback?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net